20/09/2023 - 16/11/2023
These courses on the National Pupil Database will be delivered online by the National Centre for Research Methods and the University College London Centre for Education Policy and Equalising Opportunities.
Introduction to the National Pupil Database
This one-day online course is delivered by National Centre for Research Methods. It is suitable for those with no prior knowledge of the National Pupil Database (NPD) or statistical code. The NPD is an administrative data resource covering the education system in England.
There are two dates available.
The course covers:
- the population coverage of NPD
- the component modules of NPD and how they link together
- how to create a longitudinal picture of pupils’ lives in schools
- key data cleaning routines
- accessing NPD.
By the end of the course participants will:
- be familiar with the structure of NPD
- understand the strengths and limitations of the data available
- know where to go to find more detailed information
- know how to apply for access.
Introduction to the National Pupil Database and its linked data
This three-session course will be delivered by the University College London Centre for Education Policy and Equalising Opportunities. It is suitable for those with an interest in learning about the NPD in the context of other datasets that it is linked to and how it has been linked. The course will run over three sessions.
- Session 1 - 16 October 09:30-12:30: An introduction to the NPD and its linked data
- Session 2 - 17 October 10:00-12:00: Applying to access NPD and its linked datasets
- Session 3 - 3 November 10:00-11:00: Application workshop for those with specific questions about their applications and/or proposed projects using NPD and its linked datasets.
Sign ups are opening shortly. Email email@example.com to express your interest.