ADR UK is hiring a Senior Programme Coordinator to provide professional project and change management services and support the Governance structures of ADR UK.
Salary: £39,748 per annum
Hours: Full time/part time (minimum 0.8 FTE)
Contract Type: Open Ended
Location: Polaris House, Swindon, Wiltshire
Grade: UKRI Band E
Closing Date: 25 September 2023
Proposed Interview Dates: 4 October 2023
About the role
Working as part of the Programme Management Office in ADR UK, the Senior Programme Coordinator provides professional project and change management services within ESRC by using well-established project management and process improvement techniques, and supports the Governance structures of the programme through ensuring committees are planned and administered efficiently.
Responsible to: Deputy Director, Operations and Governance
Responsible for: Project Support Officer
- Contribute to the creation, review, sign off and change management of all key programme documentation
- Contribute to the development of the programme’s plans, identifying options to deal with risk and issues
- Identify and coordinate project interdependencies and conflicts
- Identify and manage risks and issues and ensure timely, corrective actions are undertaken, escalating to the Director recommendations for risk mitigation actions outside the scope of your delegated authority
- Ensure that programme committees are strategic and run efficiently, overseeing the work of the Project Support Officer with responsibility for the meeting secretariat for Leadership and Operational Management Group meetings.
Project management and business analysis:
Within the programme there will be individual projects assigned to the Senior Programme Coordinator, such as business change or implementing systems, where they are responsible for
- Identifying and confirming the activities and deliverables
- Setting up the project team and planning the work
- Managing the project risks and issues
- Monitoring, progressing and reporting on progress
- Project communications within the team
- Provide business analysis support for projects undertaken within the programme, including:
- Working with the users and customers to analyse the current processes and the issues
- Performing options analysis, designing and testing new improved processes
- Coordinating implementation of changes with impacted stakeholders
- Evidencing and communicating the improvements
- Documenting current processes and business & process improvements.
To add value to production of professional documentation within the Programme to:
- Review and document Requirements, Business Cases, other programme management documents
- Create graphic input where necessary
- Collate content from different sources
- Create or maintain secure content management sites to hold shared data if required
- Create and distribute clear presentations, reports and documents.
Stakeholder management & coordination:
- Work closely with the ESRC Investment Manager to develop strategies and monitoring methodologies to ensure the funder ESRC (UKRI) receives a return on investment
- Work closely with the ESRC Investment Manager to Coordinate the completion of the Programme’s Performance Management Framework across partners at the operational level
- Implement processes to track benefits on the programme
- Work continuously and collaboratively with ADR UK partners to ensure all maintain awareness of the Programme’s overall objectives.
- Proven experience of managing complex, multi-faceted projects
- Proven ability to identify, design, develop and improve administrative, management and information systems.
- Proven management and leadership skills, including excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills. The ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and work as an effective member of a team.
- Ability to think strategically, exercise initiative and work independently to ensure effective implementation.
- A highly organised approach to work with the ability to prioritise work, work efficiently under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
- A proven track record in being able to write effectively for and communicate with a range of audiences.
- A high degree of accuracy and the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills including experience of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to service high level committees.
- Understanding of theoretical aspects of programme management together with experience of programme management techniques and tools
- Project Management Qualification such as Agile Foundation, PRINCE2 Foundation, APM Project Management, or transferable skillset.
- Experience of the Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA) Gateway Review and Healthcheck process
- 'PRINCE2’ or MSP practitioner training completed
About ADR UK
The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), as part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), is funding an important investment in research infrastructure to maximise the potential of administrative data as a resource for research - Administrative Data Research UK (ADR UK). ADR UK aims to engage government and academic communities in innovative research to address major societal challenges by releasing the potential of the UK’s wealth of administrative data. ADR UK's Strategic Hub has been established as part of UKRI to provide coordination and strategic leadership across this multi-partnered investment. The Strategic Hub is led by a Director who reports to the ESRC Executive Chair and the UKRI-led ADR UK Programme Delivery Board.
The ESRC is the UK’s largest funder of economic, social, behavioural and human data science. It supports the development and training of the UK’s future social scientists and funds major studies that provide the infrastructure for research. ESRC-funded research informs policy-makers and practitioners and helps make businesses, voluntary bodies and other organisations more effective.
For more information about ESRC, please visit https://esrc.ukri.org/.
UKRI is an organisation that brings together the seven disciplinary research councils, Research England and Innovate UK. Together, we build an independent organisation with a strong voice and vision ensuring the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation.
Supporting some of the world’s most exciting and challenging research projects, we develop and operate some of the most remarkable scientific facilities in the world. We are pushing the frontiers of human knowledge through fundamental research and delivering benefits for UK society and the economy through world-class research, skills and business-led innovation.
More information can be found at www.ukri.org.
Choosing to come to work at UKRI means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits from a defined benefit pension scheme, excellent holiday entitlement, access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme. For more details, visit benefits of working for UKRI.
The role holder will be required to have the appropriate level of security screening/vetting required for the role. UKRI reserves the right to run or re-run security clearance as required during the course of employment.
How to apply
Online applications only preferred for this role. Please submit a CV and covering letter which clearly outlines how you fulfil the criteria specified along with your motivation for UKRI and the role. Ensure that the job reference number is included in the filename description of each document uploaded. Note that failure to address the above criteria or submit an application without a covering letter may result in the application not being considered. Assessment will only be based upon the content of your submitted covering letter and CV and not the ‘experience’ section of the application.
UKRI seeks to ensure it creates and maintains a system of openness, fairness and inclusion – a collaborative, trusted environment, which is attractive to and accessible to everyone who is interested in developing their career with us.
At UKRI, we believe that everyone has a right to be treated with dignity and respect, and to be provided with equal opportunities to thrive and succeed in an environment that enables them to do so. We also value diversity of thought and experience within inclusive groups, organisations and the wider community. For further information, please visit ‘How we support EDI in the workforce’.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.