Annual Survey of Hours & Earnings synthetic data pilot
15/02/2023 - 15/03/2023
Synthetic data has the potential to:
- allow potential users to develop and test their code before applying to use the real data
- support new potential users to learn what a dataset looks like and how it can be used.
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) is keen to test the value and usefulness of a new synthetic version of the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2020 dataset. If you are a user or potential user of this dataset, your participation in this pilot project could support the future development of synthetic data.
- Participants will access the synthetic data through the UK Data Service.
- On accessing the new synthetic data, you will be able to test and explore its format, content, and variables. We would like your feedback on ease of access and writing code, any governance issues, and the general utility of the data.
- The pilot will run mid-February – mid-March 2023.
- You will need to be an accredited researcher. To get accredited, apply via the Research Accreditation Service.
- Please register by Friday 13 January 2023.
To register your interest, or to ask any questions about the project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Date: Mid-February - mid-March
Time: 4 weeks
Where: Participants will access the synthetic data through the UK Data Service
Registration: Please email email@example.com by 13 January